From:
"Mark C. Vang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 20:00:21 -0400
This list is valuable as a source of information.  Many posts are probably
of no interest to a majority of list members, but that is the nature of an
Internet mailing list.  As long as all parties involved make an effort to
keep posts within the guidelines of the list there should be no restrictions
on the type of information posted.  This list has very flexible guidelines.
I feel that "blatant advertisements" have no place on this list, but
information on commercial services can be a benefit of the list members.  I
have been a member of this list for many years and have worked as an exhibit
technician for 7 years.  This list has provided me with valuable information
on product and service vendors.  Recently, I made the transition from
"museum professional" to "museum service provider/businessman".  Now I
flinch every time I send a message to Museum-l... waiting for the inevitable
flames.  Should I quit providing answers to questions... should I lurk in
the shadows afraid that my help will be considered an "advertisement"?  Does
my turning to the dark side really make me a bad guy?

 - Mark

P.S.  If you are a consultant, or vendor offering services to museum
professionals and you have a Web site... please e-mail me your URL.

  Freya Ventures | Owner, Mark C. Vang | (804) 425-5751 | Fax: (804) 425-6811
   Interactive museum exhibit software, InfoTerm patron information kiosks.
e-mail: [log in to unmask] |Freya Ventures Home Page: http://www.infi.net/~marcus