Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Leslie Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 11:06:13 -0600

>Voodoo Museum, Rue Royale (I think), New Orleans- Hidden away in a small
>house, plenty of voudon objects. They probably have spell casting
>workshops as well...

Actually, the New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum is at 724 Dumaine in the
French Quarter.  I don't believe that they run workshops <g>, but they do
have tours of voudoun-associated sites (like Marie Laveau's home and grave),
viewings of "authentic" rituals, as well as having an in-house Mambo who
performs personal rituals and makes up personal gris-gris.  I've been there
a couple of time with out-of-town visitors and it is an interesting mix of
real objects and the most outrageous creations, all interpreted by a very
sincere guide.

Leslie Johnston
Historic New Orleans Collection
President, Museum Computer Network