Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 16:07:56 -0500
In a message dated 95-11-17 11:33:09 EST, [log in to unmask] (Henry B.
Crawford) writes:

>Someone else mentioned the possibility of firing one of the guns from the
>donor's personal collection.  While this solves the post-accession use
>problem, there is still the liability issue.  The museum must make sure
>that safety is not compromised.  Here, when we do live firing, we get a
>person from the State Parks and Wildlife Dept. who is a state certified
>firearms safety instructor to supervise the event.  That way we're covered,
>and having someone in uniform present also legitimizes the event in the
>eyes of the public.  It serves as an effective marketing tool, projecting a
>positive and responsible public image.

One of the benefits of being in the NRA building is the proximity of our own
firing range complete with ex-FBI staff to run it. Otherwise I agree with you
wholeheartedly (I guess I should have clarified that we had a range in the
building) Sorry.

- Adrienne