Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
john pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 17:30:35 -0400
On Mon, 13 Feb 1995, donna parker wrote:

> Our museum is currently working on an exhibit of occupational clothing
> which will include a United States Maritime Service dress uniform
> (WWII era) and a flight deck jumpsuit worn by landing officer (WWII-
> Navy).
>
> Can anyone give us a good source(s) for the documentation of these
> uniforms?
>
> Donna Parker
> The Kentucky Museum
> Western Kentucky University
> Bowling Green, KY   42101

Donna, the Navy and Marine Corps Museums in the Navy Yard in Washington,
DC, should be good starting points (although I recall that the
"official set" (not its correct name) of Marine uniforms is in the
Marine Corps Air-Ground Museum at Quantico, Virginia.  Another good
starting point should be the military history folks at the
Smithsonian.
John
John N. Pearce Director, Center for Historic Preservation
     (and James Monroe Museum and Memorial Library)
Mary Washington College
1301 College Avenue
Fredericksburg, VA 22401-5358
USA