From:
Helen Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 13:00:34 -0500
I agree that the National Association of Artists' Organizations, or NAAO
(its members tend to refer to it in conversation by the acronym, which we
pronounce "nayo") would be a good place to contact for the person from Japan
seeking information on starting a non-profit gallery.  They are
about to publish a new edition of their membership directory, which
is a great source of information about visual and performing arts
spaces across the U.S.  However, the
address recently provided by the Erie Art Museum is an old one.  The current
address, etc. is:

NAAO
918 F Street, NW
Suite 611
Washington, DC 20004
tel. (202) 347-6350
fax (202) 347-7376
email: [log in to unmask]

NAAO is currently searching for a new executive director, if anyone knows
someone who might be interested they should contact the organization
right away.