From:
Christina Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 09:16:05 -0700
Start with the Visitor Studies Association annual conference proceedings.
Address for the VSA is:
c/o Pat Hinske
10336 North Stanford Drive 97W
Mequon, WI  53097
PH:  (414)238-1916

Though I believe the proceedings are available from the Center for Social Design
P.O. Box 1111
Jacksonville. AL  36265
PH (205)782-5640

Then pick up "The Museum Experience" by John Falk and Lynn Dierking, ISBN:
0-929590-07-4

Other names to search for journal articles:  Paulette McManus, Roger Miles
(both UK), Deborah Perry, Lois Silverman, Marilyn (Molly) Hood, Randi Korn,
etc.  There is in fact quite a bit of literature, it's just not particularly
well organized.  Try "Curator", "Museum News", the ILVS journal.

Good luck!

Christina Simpson
Co-ordinator of Evaluation/Results Monitoring
Glenbow Museum
Calgary, Alberta