From:
Craig Rosa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 09:51:54 -0700
(this is part II of a previous message)

_Overall scope of Educational Programming_

At your institution,

number of programs per week:

number of program paid staff:

        # developing program:
        # running program:

Fulltime____, Half time___, Part-time___, Paid Intern___

number of volunteer staff:

number of floor space:

number of attendance:

In your opinion, is it sustainable (too much/little, too many/few?)

Anything you are going to change, or would change?

Any words of warning, hot tips, or lessons learned?

_Program Development & Staffing_

Have you used a program consultant?

Were you satisfied?

Or do you have a part time or full time staff person assigned to program
development?

Who develops materials (props, scripts, content)?

How many FTE paid staff devoted to these programs?

How many volunteers for these programs?

_Number of Visitors Served by Programs_

Square footage of exhibit space in your museum including program space?

Annual visitation?

How many public programs (not counting school programs)?

_Space and Budget_

What are budgets spent on programming?

curriculum:

disposable materials:

preparation of space:

How many presentation spaces do you have inside or outside exhibit galleries?

Inside:

Outside:

What size audience are these spaces designed to accommodate?
4-6     8       15              35              60              100
100+

Is there an auditorium/theater space?

_Schedule of Programs_

Range of length of programs
5"      10"     15"     20"     30"     45"     60"     90"     greater than 90"

Average length of programs?

Estimated percent of visitors that see at least one program, excluding
omnimax and theater presentations?

Thanks! We'll share the info as soon as we have a few responses. We
appreciate your help.

***     Craig M. Rosa
***     Exhibit Developer, The Tech Museum of Innovation
***     email> [log in to unmask]   vox> (408) 279-7133
***     WWW> http://www.thetech.org/    fax> (408) 279-7197