From:
MARIEA FISHER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 16:10:55 +1000
A note to our Stockmen's Hall of Fame (which I haven't seen and hope I get to),
it was a new
venture and raised some concern that it was another new historical endeavour
that pretty much
left out women.  I understand that some measures have been taken to try to
redress the balance
and at the Maritime Museum the same criticism has been levelled ie establishing
a new museum
where the focus at first interpretation seems traditionally male.  Our new
exhibition 'What about Women? Our place is maritime history' is seeking to
extend representation to us all.  'Halls of Fame' can be tricky.

Mariea Fisher