From:
Estie Karpman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 14:48:32 -0500
I have just had the IRS speak to my masters class and they would consider
this a conflict of interest and a scheme to get around the law.  My advice
is to give the donor three qualified appraisors and let them make the choice
and pay for it.  If not tell them to leave the materials to the Museum in
their will and their heirs will not have to pay taxes on the items.

Estie Karpman
Development Director
Illinois State Museum