Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 12:52:54 -0600
Comments:
Hi to all Educators in the Mountain Plains Region!
Please excuse the cross-listing.

We are beginning to plan for the 1996 Annual Meeting in Guthrie, Oklahoma
(Oct.3-5) and will be meeting to make program decisions in early
February.  I would like to encourage educators to submit programs or to contact
me with
program ideas that you would like me to pursue.  Proposal forms can be
obtained from Cherie Cook (405)424-7757 or Kit Nuemann (512)463-5756.  I
can be contacted by email - [log in to unmask], (913)532-7220.

I am also trying to put together a program/panel on docent programs. I
have a tentative title of "Creating the (Almost) Perfect Docent Program". I
am currently creating one from scratch for an art museum.  I would like
to hear from those who might be interested in addressing creating or
changing a docent program in history, zoo, natural history, children's
museum settings, etc.  I would also like to know what
issues/concerns/questions educators might be asking about
creating/changing a docent program. I know that this sounds a bit basic,
but I have found that there is interest in the topic from beginning professional
and some museums that are just starting a program.

Kathrine Walker, Education Coordinator, Beach Art Museum, Kansas State
University,
Chair, EdCOM, MPMA Region.