Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Frances Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 09:29:28 GMT
The following advertisement has been published in the national press
and will appear in the October issue of the Museums Journal. The
Personnel Officer is not on email but I will hand on names and full
postal addresses if they are emailed to me,
[log in to unmask], and the subject line is given as Systems
Post Enquiry.

Job advertisement. Horniman Museum, London UK.

Systems manager 18 month fixed term contract - 3 days per week.
Salary - 19,145(pounds sterling) p.a. incl pro rata.

The Horniman Museum & Gardens is a charitable trust funded by the
Department of National Heritage. Its collections of Ethnography,
Natural History and Musical Instruments, as well as its Gardens, are
used to illustrate the world we live in - our cultures, arts, crafts,
music and natural environment.

We will soon be procuring a new computer system to meet the future
communicaton and information needs of the museum. We plan to install
the new LASSI (Larger Scale Systems Initiative) Computer system for
collections management in Spring 1997.

We require someone to develop and implement the museum's new IT policy,
and to manage the museum's computer systems.

We are looking for experience in IT project management to ensure that
the new system is selected and implemented on time and within budget.
This will involve the ability to liaise successfully between our
departments to identify needs, effective communication skills,
budgeting and commercial negotiation skills. Museum experience would be
highly advantageous as would Unix, Network and Oracle skills.

Application form and job details are available from the Personnel
Officer, Horniman Museum and Gardens, 100 London Road, Forest Hill,
London SE23  3PQ. Tel: 0181 699 1872.

Closing date for completed applications is Friday, 20th October 1995.

The Trust has a commitment to Equal Opportunities.

--
Frances Palmer, Keeper of Musical Instruments
The Horniman Museum & Gardens