Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 1995 14:51:49 -0700
  I'm afraid that I am coming into this discussion a bit late, but could not
resist.
  I recently visited Knott's Berry Farm, in Buena Park, California. I had
never been there before. The people running the park seem to be as interested
in education as well as entertainment. The Old West portion of the park had
reenactors working in it. There was a blacksmith, a woodcarver, and a woman
spinning wool thread. All the reenactors were happy to talk to the public, and
the woman spinning even gave us some information about a thimble that we havd
found as an artifact.
   Several of the rides also tried to teach about their themes. The Mine Train
was just that, with a ride into a "working" mine (although, at the end some
excitement was introduced by a phony explosion and lowering of the roof).
There is also a Kingdom of the Dinosaurs ride. As one travels back in time,
the creatures are in the correct order (timewise). When you exit this ride,
you enter an area with exhibuts, explaining the various dinosaurs. There is
even a palontologist there to show off the dinosaur fossils.
  Sure, there are plenty of roller coasters and other amusement park rides as
well, but we enjoyed the educational material just as much (more, actually,
since I do not like roller coasters).

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
[log in to unmask]  Owner: HISTARCH, SPANBORD, SUB-ARCH