Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Marc Kodack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 06:50:58 -0500
Comments:
The following is being posted for Ken Ames who is not a
member of Museum-L. Please reply directly to Ken at
[log in to unmask] Thanks.

This past summer, we recovered pieces of leather from moist
(not dry, not water logged, but seasonally moist) deposits.  It
is likely the leather is approximately 150 to 250 years old.
Does any one have suggestions about how to stabilize it so
it doesn't rot -- chemical treatments etc.

Ken Ames