Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 14:21:23 -0700
When I worked at the George C. Page Museum at the La Brea Tarpits (back in
1978), the lab people worked in what was known as the "Fishbowl". This was a
large curved glassed-in area where the public could stare at those of us at
the front line tables, where we worked to remove the tar and gook from the
bones found in the tar pit out back.

They could see us, but not hear us, which was probably a good thing. One got
used to it rather quickly, and except for the occasional screaming child, we
soon forgot about them.

As an archaeologist digging at the Presidio of San Diego, I am quite used to
people and even tours coming by and pointing at us like we are some exotic new
set of zoo animals. You can get used to almost anything, I suppose.

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
[log in to unmask]  Owner: HISTARCH, SPANBORD, SUB-ARCH