Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mary Christine Devinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 17:24:05 -0400
Hello

I am a volunteer at the National Firearms Museum (NFM), a department of the
NRA.  The NFM is trying to get approval to get the museum staff online, but
the higher ups in the NRA are concerned that giving the museum access to the
internet will allow a hacker to get into the NRA membership database, which
is on its own server.

Now, we know this is not likely BUT they (the higher ups) refuse to give us
even a modem until we can "prove" that other museums with similar security
issues are on the net and it is not a problem for them.

Help us convince them to let us online by telling us of your security
concerns and how the net did or did not make security worse.  In particular
they would like to hear from small museums in the DC area as that is where we
are.

Just my telling them that this can't happen is not enough.  Not even hearing
it from my husband who programs for one of the 3 big Online Services worked!

Thanks for any and all help on this!

Chrissie Devinney