Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Indianapolis Art Center <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 09:43:07 -0400
We have done several distance learning hookups with the Indianapolis Public
Schools.    The first attempt didn't work because a communications hookup
failed between IPS and the Indianapolis Museum of Art, a third partner.
The second attempt worked fine (between IPS and Thomson Consumer
Electronics headquarters) but it was only a demonstration of the technology
and wasn't an official program.   The third attempt also worked fine, but
it was between two IPS schools on the same communications network.  Our
experience has thus been that if you keep to the same fiberoptic network
you don't have any problems, but if you try to bring in a site from another
network there can be fatal problems.

We will be trying again when we open our new facility with a fiberoptic
hookup of its own.  I'd like as well to know about other experiences with
this technology.  (P.S.  So far the programs we are trying are not
exhibition-related, but involve teaching art classes.  We also do not want
to preclude physical visits)

David Thomas
Associate Director
Indianapolis Art Center