Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 19:24:51 GMT
Thanks to those who responded to this notice over the last six months
-- I'm re-posting the message one last time in case there are
stragglers.  We will be including applicable entries from the AAM and
ICOM directories, so if you're there, no need to respond!  THANKS

The Museum of the City of New York is preparing an international
directory of museums that collect, preserve and interpret the history
of cities for the International Forum of City Museums in Budapest in
1997.

The directory includes history museums, historical societies, historic
houses, history centers, museums of archaeolgy, architecture,
ethnology, neighborhoods, politics and geography; and functions such
as police, fire and transit museums, in cities and regions with
populations greater than 150,000 people.  Send details including
names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of such museums,
and the names/titles of principal contact people to Peter Simmons,
Manager of Collections Access, Museum of the City of New York, 1220
Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029 USA, or to [log in to unmask]