From:
Cathy Sieracki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 16:30:33 EDT
Museum Registrar:

The Newseum, a museum dedicated to telling the story of the past,
present, and future of the news and journalism, is seeking a registrar
for the museum's loans, special exhibitions, and permanent collection.
Responsibilities will include the organization, documentation, and
coordination of all aspects of borrowing and lending of newspapers,
documents, and artifacts for exhibition.  The registrar will assist the
collection's manager in establishing and maintaining records for the new
collection.

Qualifications include at least three years direct registrarial
experience in a museum setting, an advanced degree in museum studies,
knowledge of accepted registration techniques, knowledge of records
management and computer automation systems, knowledge of insurance
requirements, packing techniques and transportation methods.

Please do not reply to me as I am posting this for someone who is not on
museum-l.

You may fax a letter and resume to Arlyn Gill, Collection's Manager, The
Newseum, 703-284-3518, or mail to The Newseum, 1101 Wilson Blvd.,
Arlington, VA 22209.  For more information call 703-284-3533.  EOE.

Catherine Sieracki
Collection's Management Intern
The Newseum