From:
Martin Kriszat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 11:59:37 +0200
On 11 September Sally Fletcher wrote:

>I would be grateful for any information on museums or galleries that have u=
sed
>visible or open access storage in any form, successful or otherwise. I am
>particularly interested in systems that do not rely on guided tours, but in
>which visitors are able to move through/past storage or conservation areas
>freely.

There is an open storage at the "Museumscenter - Hollufgard" (City of
Odense/Denmark).
It=B4s the archaeological museum of Fyn island.
The storage is called "open magazine". Divided into 10 regions of Fyn, it
presents the whole collection.
The objects are presented in glass cases. A color system indicates the
(pre-) historic period of the finds (Stone Age =3D red etc.).
The staff plans to provide a personal service, which will allow access to
plain objects of stone and clay.

Hollufgard is the first museum of this kind in Denmark. A small public
library with archaeological newsletters etc. also exists.
My informations descend from a small paper edited by the museum and a visit
in September 1994. I highly recommend this site.

Good luck, Martin

The adress:
Museumscenter - Hollufgard
Hestehaven 201