From:
Angela Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 18:40:15 +0100
>On Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:08:27 -0400,
>Nickie Bouvier  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>. . . .  Just recently, I have had two such cancellations
>>-- one art, and one natural history/science -- that have set my fingers
>>itching to post them to MUSEUM-L, in case anyone out there has also had
>>a cancellation that corresponds to ours & is looking for a last-minute
>>booking.  The only thing that has prevented me from posting them is not
>>knowing how other MUSEUM-Lers will react -- Is it advertising?  Or is it a
>>service to that one subscriber who is also scrambling to fill a hole in
>>his/her schedule?  I think it's both....but is it OK?
>>
>It's okay with me, if that matters.
>
>Ken Yellis
>Assistant Director for Public Programs
>Peabody Museum of Natural History
>170 Whitney Avenue
>Box 208118
>New Haven, CT 06520-8118
>(203) 432-9891/9816(fax)

We have a picture library at the Science Museum which supplies images of
items in, and related to, our collections. We charge a search and service
fee for researching and loaning images, and a reproduction fee for their
use. As a new user of the Internet, I plan to put details about this
service on our World Wide Web pages so that people can write in to us.

If anyone can see a problem with this, please let me know. Details of our
publications are already on-line.....

Angela Murphy
Photography Manager
Science & Society Picture Library