From:
Edward Pershey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 16:35:33 -0400
As Director of the Tsongas Industrial History Center in Lowell, MA, I was
also faculty within the College of Education at the University of
Massachusetts Lowell. It was sometimes difficult to become fully involved in
the life of the college, but I the extra effort was worth it in the sense
that my role as faculty expanded my perspectives as Director.

Here in Cleveland, I'm staff at Western Reserve Historical Society, and will
become adjunct faculty at Case Western Reserve University in the History
Department next spring. I hope to teach one course a semester if that works
out. In previous jobs, notably in New Jersey with the Park Service, I taught
as adjunct faculty on a regular basis at NJ Inst. of Tech. and Rutgers. My
teaching also invigorated my museum work there and the contacts throught
university were useful. The intellectual stimulation at the schools was
important, too. Likewise, my museum perspective brought new ideas to my
teaching.

Ed Pershey
Cleveland, Ohio