From:
Tom Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 23:55:29 -0600
I think it was George Brown Goode who defined a museum as a "consultative
library of objects."  I've like that every since I first heard it, and it
fits the mission of cultural resource management, as it has defined itself
for me in 30 years of working with it...preserving information potential
(information is defined broadly here, to include the potential to awe,
inspire, etc.).

That seems relevant to what museums are about.

tom Vaughan
The Waggin' Tongue

Tom Vaughan

The Waggin' Tongue