From:
"Roxana J. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 20:48:53 -0400
As the new coordinator of the American Association of Museums' Technical
Information Service (TIS), I am seeking specific comments and suggestion
contributing to to short- and long-range planning for future.   TIS began in
1985 to provide timely, practical information to the field and it is now time
to evaluate its progress and plan for the next decade. Your comments on how
TIS currently meets your needs and expectations are also welcome.

The purpose of the Technical Information Service is:

<The American Association of Museums' Technical Information Service improves
and strengthens museums standards and performance by working with the
profession to identify and to provide to individuals and institutions useful
information having direct, practical relevance and application to museums.>

AAM members are probably familiar with TIS publications like the Big Book of
Museum Grant Money, or Writing A Museum Code of Ethics.  TIS also offers
telephone assistance, quick responses via the Selected Source Lists which
cover topics such as Disaster Recovery or Teacher Resource Centers and
sessions at the annual meeting.

Having subscribed to Museum-l for nine months, I know that a lot of creative
thinking and discussions happen here.  That is why I am enlisting your help
in telling AAM what TIS should look like in the future.

Please take a moment to assist us.  You may FAX your comments to TIS at
202-289-6578, post to this list, call me directly at 202-289-9121 or send
snail mail to:

Roxana Adams, TIS Coordinator
American Association of Museums
1225 Eye St., NW, Suite 200