Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 08:29:24 EDT
Since this makes twice that I have seen the "rag paper myth"
perpetuated ("100% cotton paper" is not necessarily
"permanent") I suggest that those interested look into the more
recent literature on "paper permanence." There they will find
such important factors as "buffering" ("alkaline reserve").
They might start with the most recent issues of _Abbey
Newsletter_, and its sister publication _Alkaline Paper
Advocate_.

According to John Edward Simmons:

.