From:
JEAN-PAUL VIAUD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 17:38:02 EDT
Hello to all

may I suggest you to contact the Quebec Museum Society and ask for
the publication prepared by Info-Muse - the provincial museum network -
which is in fact a report on the test and selection of their new software.

24 softwares were evaluated and one finaly selected.

The reading is very instructive for all of you interested in that kind of
software.

The product is Micromusee (for Humanitied museums) and SNBASE (for
Natural Sciences museums), but everything discussed in the publication
is of interest.

I do not know if they have a translation in english but the original has the
following ref.:

Adaptation d'une application informatique pour les institutions museales
quebecoises
:devis des soumissions, consultation des clients, conclusions et
recommandations,
mars 1994.

You may found more info in english about the product at:

Brochu, Robillard, Culture & Technologie
phone: (514) 525-8485
e-mail:[log in to unmask]

or:

Mobydoc (the publisher)

16 rue du Perigord
31000 Toulouse
France

tel.: 11-33-61.22.66.11
fax.: 11-33-61.22.61.48

They have an e-mail adress, but I don't know it...

Their product is bilingual (french or english), fully relational with all the
trimings and it's available in DOS (clipper) or Windows.

You can manage your collection (documentation, inventory, movement control,
insurances, etc...)

It's worth a look !

If you need the e-mail adress for the Societe des Musees Quebevcois:
internet: [log in to unmask]
phone: (514) 987-3264, ask Francoise Simard

Hope it helps !

Bye

Jean-Paul Viaud
museum consultant