From:
"(John Swanson)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 15:43:38 -0400
My name is John R. Swanson, and I am presently a first-year graduate student
seeking my Master's in Public History at Appalachian State University in
Boone, NC.  I have completed my obligatory Bibliography and Research class,
as well as an Intro to Public History class as well.  I am presently enrolled
in Archives and Records Mgt, and in a Museum Studies class which deals with
the interpretation of cultural properties.

My main interest is architectural history, and historic preservation.  My thesis
will deal with the history and preservation of rural vernacular architecture
of the early, Upper South, with a particular emphasis on log building practices.
I am also extremely interested in living history, especially living history
farms which concern themselves with the interpretation of historic structures
on their property.  I have done some architectural restoration work on
a ca. 1845 cotton gin house at a living history farm in South Carolina.

I am currently actively seeking any leads on internships that would involve
me in hands-on research, restoration, or interpretation.  I am a hard worker
and am highly self-directed.  In addition, I am excellent at dealing with the
public if need be.

If anyone out there knows of any possibilites, please e-mail me directly at:

Or, post to the list if you cannot get through.  Thank you all for your time
in reading this announcement!

John Swanson, graduate student