Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Laitman, Elizabeth X." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 12:11:52 EST
     I would like to agree with Rachel Bernhardt that the Comment book can
     be more of a catharsis for the viewer than purely as an evaluation
     mechanism for an exhibition.  I currently work at the US Holocaust
     Memorial Museum and one of my responsibilities has been the
     maintenance of a Comment book for one of our Temporary exhibitions as
     well as coordinating an evaluation of this exhibition.  There are some
     very intelligent and profound comments left by visitors.  Many leave
     messages that are that "first emotional response" that, while very
     important to exhibition planners, have not been as in-depth as what
     has been revealed through the interviews that we are conducting. It
     should ne noted that especially when the visitor has just witnessed
     difficult subject matter, the viewer's experience continues even after
     they have left the exhibition space.
     LIZ