Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Henry Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 08:37:59 -0600
>I am . . .  seeking a good quotation on the subject of
>whales.  Specifically I am after a quotation that suggests whales'
>intelligence.
>
>So if anyone out there in the wild blue yonder has one at hand, I would
>appreciate hearing from you.

>Rose Hiscock
>Publicity Manager
>Scienceworks

I once saw a t-shirt on a camping trip which said "WHALES SING".  It was
perhaps the most beautifully eloquent two-word phrase I had ever read.
That was about 16 years ago, and to this day I still think how in two
simple words it profoundly summarized what science has been lecturing on
for years regarding the intelligence and special nature of whales.

HBC

Henry B. Crawford

Curator of History
Museum of Texas Tech University