Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 23:30:00 +0000
----------
Note: this is being sent on behalf of a museum not currently on-line.
Please respond using "snail mail" to the address below.
THANK YOU.

                  MUSEUM DIRECTOR / CURATOR
              Museum of the Highwood, High River,
                         Alberta, CANADA

  The Museum of the Highwood has an opening for a Museum
  Director. The Museum is a medium sized institution located in
  High River, Alberta, CANADA, population 6700, located one hour
  south of downtown Calgary. The Museum's mandate is to operate a
  public museum dedicated to the preservation and sharing of the
  heritage of the Highwood area. Both our administration and
  exhibits are housed in a Canadian Pacific Railway train station. In
  addition, we have a permanent train exhibit on the adjacent lands
  including a fully operational dining car which is operated by
  independent contractors.

  The Museum Director will be directly responsible to the Museum
  Board of Directors. In addition to general administration skills, the
  successful candidate must have the ability to design exhibits and
  manage our historic resources, fundraise, as well as work with and
  energize a volunteer work force.

  The following would each be considered as asset to the position:
  - experience in the operation of a regional museum
  - managerial experience
  - fundraising experience
  - a university degree
  - a certificate of historic resource management
  - knowledge of the Highwood area
  - computer skills

  Salary commensurate with experience and a benefit package is
  available.

  Deadline for application is 4:00pm MDT on October 10, 1995.

  Please forward you resume to:

               attn: Selection Committee
                 Museum of the Highwood
                 129 - 3rd Avenue West
         High River, Alberta,  CANADA   T1V 1M9

 Only those candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
 All others are thanked for their interest.