Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Patricia W. Strong" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 23:59:48 +0400
I do remember, years ago, when working in the exhibitions department at the
Museum of International Folk Art in Santa Fe, we removed a "visible
storage" area.   The glass fronted cases which housed the artifacts of the
collection in a sort of research accessable limbo exposed the objects to
unecessary light levels (flourecent tubes in each case!) and were a
horrendous waste of space.  Any thought of using visable storage for the
collection areas should address the fact that conditions that are necessary
and appropriate for exhibition are not necessary or appropriate for long
term storage.

Pat Strong