Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 00:20:37 GMT
I enjoyed browsing around Mechanical Gaze, though I did it as a guest
and didn't register.

I'm working with people using robotic technology and CuSeeMe even though
I'm not convinced that is the direction we should be going. I have the
sneaking suspicion we are reinventing television, albeit in a completely
new form.

What I'm interested in is how a museum can be a museum on the web (or
whatever it turns into). The web itself is based on collecting and
exhibiting but it may be in the fuzzy realm of preservation/conservation
that the interest lies in a broader cultural context. Or perhaps we need
to invent a new category, the fuzzy category.

Reading Doris Lessing's "The Golden Notebook" lately and one of the
characters (Anna) is accused of being selfish (by Molly's son, Tommy)
for not publishing her writing. Also read about a repository for
unpublished works called (I think) the Brautigan Library in Maine.

Lots of stuff out there. How to deal with it? Maybe the Mechanical Gaze
is one answer. Again, from Lessing, the character Anna wants to write
THE TRUTH, instead of a story. Hmm...multiple views is an idea. And our
friend Nietzsche said the truth reveals itself in excess.

Warm and very pleasant in New York City today.

Robbin Murphy
ArtNetWeb
http://artnetweb.com/artnetweb