Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susan Wageman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 12:51:04 -0700
Comments:
To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
         T h e  T e c h  M u s e u m  o f  I n n o v a t i o n
                         San Jose, California
                C A R E E R   O P P O R T U N I T I E S

MULITIMEDIA/AV DEVELOPER
The Multimedia/AV Developer has the responsibility for overseeing and
producing interactive multimedia exhibits, software interface designs and
other AV exhibit components for the expanded facility scheduled to open
in 1998.  The Multimedia/AV Developer develops exhibit concepts with
emphasis on multimedia/AV exhibits and experiences; acts as technical resource
for all exhibit development projects; and works closely with outside vendors,
consultants, industry sponsors and other exhibit development staff.
Requirements:  Degree in computer science, instructional technology,
design or engineering; minimum of 3 years experience in multimedia
development for the general public; strong technical skills (hardware and
software) for both Macintosh and IBM-PC compatible platforms; minimum of
two years experience in project management or product development;
excellent presentation and communications skills; supervisory experience
is also preferred.  We are seeking candidates who have a good sense of
humor, workaholics, intellectually well-rounded, creative and can deal
with multiple deadlines.

A P P L I C A T I O N    P R O C E D U R E S
Send resume and cover letter indicating interest to The Tech Museum of
Innovation at 145 W. San Carlos Street, San Jose, CA  95113, Attn:
Personnel.  Resume and cover letter may be faxed to (408) 279-7149.
The Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  No phone enquiries, PLEASE.

The Tech offers competitive salary commensurating with experience.  All
above positions are exempt.  The Tech also provide excellent benefits
including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; paid health, dental,
life and long-term-disability insurance and the option to participate in
our 403(b) plan.

B A C K G R O U N D
===================
The Tech Museum of Innovation is an interactive museum that brings
Silicon Valley ingenuity to life with imaginative exhibits, labs and
special programs.  We are established to engage people of all ages and
backgrounds in exploring and experiencing technologies affecting their
lives and to inspire our youth to become innovators in the technologies
of the future.  We currently exist in the prototype (17,000 sq. ft.) of the
expanded, permanent museum (140,000 sq. ft. facility) that is scheduled
to open in 1998.  Please visit our Web site at http://www.thetech.org for
more information.

Updated On:  August 7, 1995