Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Marilyn M. Roberts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 20:08:39 GMT
Eric

I requested information on docent evaluations on this newsgroup a couple of
months ago.  I received about a half dozen forms used by various museums
and I was pleased to receive them.  Most responses indicated that there are
many docent coordinators who would like suggestions.  I will be mailing out
copies of those I received to all who responded in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Generalizing a bit, it appears, judging by a very small sampling, that art
museums have more structure to their evaluation procedures than natural
history  and history museums; and large museums more than small.  Peer
evaluators, team evaluators, staff evaluators, and self evaluator forms,
are used with varying degrees of success.

 Introducing a new evaluation procedure is the situation that is meeting
with the most resistance with my docents, but I have found that the more
interaction they have with other museum docents and hear of other programs
that work, the less they fear an evaluation program beginning at their
museum.

Good luck,

Marilyn