Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brian Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 08:44:32 EDT
Beginning next month, I will be an MA candidate in Bard College's new
program in curatorial studies and contemporary art. I must therefore
post the following and ask that you circulate it responsibly--I also
have a great apartment in Boston I need to rent: please email me at
[log in to unmask] if you want more information about the apartment.

Thanks, and see you all back on museum-l in a few weeks--email to
this address will be held and forwarded to a new, as yet unknown,
Bard-based address.

Brian Wallace
The Computer Museum

*
COLLECTIONS MANAGER/THE COMPUTER MUSEUM
The Collections Manager will administer the museum's collection
of artifacts, documents, photographs, film/videos, and books;
screen, receive, register, and store new acquisitions; respond
to public, academic and commercial inquiries on the history of
computing; and arrange access to the collection for qualified
researchers. The Collections Manager will also work with other
staff and departments on special projects; research and draft
collections components of the Annual Report, Newsletters, and
exhibits; oversee volunteers; serve as liaison to a variety of
lay and academic history of computing groups; and work on
occasional special collection projects.

The Collections Manager will be extremely well-organized and have
a strong visual memory, must be capable of working both alone and
as a member of a team, and should be totally comfortable with
personal computer database and other applications. We are
particularly interested in candidates with museum collections
experience and/or a broad knowledge of industrial, cultural, or
social histories of the twentieth century.

Please submit a letter of application, a resume, and three
references to the address below (no phone calls or emails, please).
The position is available as of 1 September 1995.

Collections Manager Search
The Computer Museum
300 Congress Street
Boston, MA  02210