Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lee Langston-Harsn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 08:58:26 EST
Here Here Lucy!

I'm new to the net, so excuse improper response techniques.  But, this
issue of displaying items from dead soldiers . . . Civil War museums,
the National Park Museum, and presidential site (those whose president
fought in a war), and countless small to tiny history-style museums
around the world all display in one way shape or form the "dead
soldier".  Sensativety, taste, and accurace should be the guide (in my
humble opinion).  And yes, I do believe that the audience gets a good
sence of "the man", the "war" itself, and "the horror" of war all by
seeing the personal effects of the soldier along with visuals that
depict the events, actions, etc.  Maps, diaries, food stuffs, camp life,
and yes, the personal effects, all help give a complete picture.

I for one believe that we, as the audience, learn alot from the museum
experience, especially when we (the professional museum world) have the
guts (and sensativity) to show the complete story.  End of sermon!

Lee Langston-Harrison, Curator
James Monroe Museum
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
703-899-4559 (w)