Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Douglas Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 04:49:26 -0800
Eric,
We are ALREADY competing with Disney -- and we are losing.  The argument
about virtual vs. real museums is itself a red herring.  The real issue,
at least for my institution, is how to communicate with the public about
the collections of the museum and their significance in a fashion that
is enjoyable for families but does not pander to the lowest common
denominator.  That is a long sentence and a tall order, but I think that
once we really think of ourselves as institutions with an educational
mission rather than as mere warehouses lots of possibilities open.  Some
are technological but by no means all.

--
Douglas Greenberg                         Phone:312 642 5035, x200
President and Director                    Fax: 312 266 2077 or 312 642 1199