From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 13:23:03 -0800
Museum Folks,

Once again, I have modified my database "Guide to Museums and Cultural
Resources on the Web".  There is an improved interface, more standardized
screens and more subject listings, at least for North America and Europe.
My apologies to the folks in other areas, but the total number of sites in
these areas doesn't yet justify subject listings.

There is also an improved submission form.  You can now designate the
subject and enter keywords.

If you are currently associated with a web site and are not sure that I
list your site, or you would like to add a description or subject catagory,
please visit at

http://www.usc.edu/lacmnh/webmuseums

and SUBMIT!

The data in the list is freely avialable for personal or non-profit use.

In case anyone is interested, we will soon offer Internet services to our
membership.  Among the benefits will be a members dl or bbs, information
about member activities, and access to the "Guide to Museums and Cultural
Resources".  The guide now serves to increase public awareness of our site,
serves as a member benefit and provides a convenient location for the
placement of surveys (since it gets a high volume of traffic).

We are also mounting an effort to utilize 'virtual exhibits' in the
physical exhibit planning realm.  We presently have plans to produce two
'virtual' exhibits with a three dimensional layout based upon one of our
exhibit halls.  Survey questions will be interspersed throughout the
exhibit. This data, as well as data about which components are the most
visited (from our server logs) will be used to find tune the exhibit, for
review and for subsequent funding activities.  I am certain that this
'virtual modeling' could soon become an integral component in the exhibit
planning process.

Jim

Jim Angus
Acting Director of Information Technology and Hypermedia Programs
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007

voice:  213/744-3317
fax:    214/746-2999