From:
Nick Tinari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 16:53:30 GMT
I recently attended a court hearing where the president of the Barnes
Foundation mentioned that the floors of the foundation's gallerys were
being sanded, and had not yet been finished.  The foundation has
undergone extensive construction work, including new hvac. Also the
not aware of whether the fabric has been re-installed, but I am
concerend about the off-gassing of the floor finish, prior to the
re-installation of the collection, which is supposedly to begin within a
month.  There are some 1100 works on canvas so it would seem the
reinstallation will come right onthe heels of the floor finishing.

What is the acceptable time to allow for purging of the harmful solvents
contained in wood finishes?

Nick Tinari