From:
Martin Kriszat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 11:59:22 +0200
Hello everybody!

I am just writing my M.A.-thesis about the potentialities of hypermedia in
archaeological museums.

In my opinion interactive systems could provide another kind of access to
the museum magazine.
A lot of museums are already equipped with collection management databases.
There is a lack of intelligent interfaces combining them with kiosk systems
on the exhibition floor.

The Virtual Magazine could avoid
- problems of security
- problems of bad storage conditions.
Interactive systems are the only possibility for museums which can=B4t open
their stores (by financial or spacial reasons for instance).
Also the staff would be able to create thematic keys to put the visitor=B4s
attention to special aspects of the magazine.

I would be very happy to receive a lot of opinions.
Also I am looking for informations about existing or planned virtual
magazines and other interactive systems in archaeological museums all over
the world.

Thanks in advance, Martin

Martin Kriszat (student of prehistory)
Universitaet Hamburg