From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 1995 02:54:42 GMT
The Art Matters Catalog site is up and ready for browsing on the Web:

http://artnetweb.com/artnetweb/artmat/home.html

If you don't know about the Art Matters Foundation, they are a small but
important funding agency for artists and this catalog is their way of
raising those funds. You can find out more about them on the site (and,
yes, there is an application form to print out). Artists with work
available include William Wegman, Karen Finley, Peter Dunthorne, Jenny
Holzer, Kenny Scharf, Robert Mapplethorpe plus scores of others and
prices run from $15 to $900.

They are considering putting the entire catalog online so this is a test
run to see what kind of response they get. That response will, I'm sure,
also be of interest to other groups thinking the same thoughts and I'll
let you know what it was after the holidays.

If you don't have web access you can also order the catalog by phone:
1-800-979-ARTS
But be sure to tell them you heard about it on the Internet!
ROBBIN MURPHY, ArtNetBBS/ArtNetWEB
426 Broome Street, NYC 10013
Phone: 212 [log in to unmask]
http://artnetweb.com/artnetweb/