From:
CarolM5397 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 10:17:20 -0400
>I am currently working on some research associated with
unintended illusion in exhibitions and I am looking for some examples to
cite.<

We had an exhibit: photographic reproductions of Demuth's architectural
paintings and hung them adjacent to photographs of the Lancaster sites
that served as Demuth's inspriation. The photographic reproductions LOOKED
like photographs, were clearly labeled reproductions on each one, and gave
the size of the real thing,  which clearly was not the same by any measure
as the photograph. STILL visitors thought the reproductions were the
actual art. Maybe not an "Illusion" per se, but a clear error of
percption. And these photos WERE clearly PHOTOS!

Carol Morgan
Director, Demuth Foundation
114 E. King St.
Lancaster, PA 17602