From:
Jacque Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 15:24:27 -0700
We had a tour group at the State Capitol made up of home school students
and their parent educators.  Half way through the tour a student asked if
everyone was dead in this museum.  I told her we did talk about people who
had were dead because this is a historical museum. I continued the tour
pointing out current history makers in state government who were alive.
That seemed to satisfy her until we got to the restored governor's office
and she saw a wax figure of our first governor sitting at his desk.  She
was very upset and was sure everyone was dead.  We also received a follow
up letter from her mother  expressing the same feelings.  This is the first
and only response, of this kind, we have had regarding this exhibit, most
students and adults enjoy the realism.

Jacqueline L. Miller
Curator of Education
Arizona State Capitol Museum