From:
Robin Panza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 10:10:27 -5
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Anita Cohen-Williams
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Mike,
>   That sounds more like for my Archaeology in Fiction bibliography. Thanks!
>
> Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
> Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
> PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
> [log in to unmask]  Owner: HISTARCH, SPANBORD, SUB-ARCH

Do you have the Amelia Peabody series of mysteries, by Elizabeth Peters?  She
and her husband, Radcliffe Emerson are Victorian egyptologists.  Some of the
titles include "The Mummy Case", "Curse of the Pharoahs", "The Snake, the Lion,
and the Dog" (or something like that), "Crocodile on the Sandbank" (which is, I
think, the first), and "The Last Camel Died at Noon".

The first one has a scene in the Cairo Museum and some of the latter ones have
occasional scenes in the British Museum, and all the books have regular
(disparaging) comments about both museums.  Most of the action takes place on
the Emersons' digs, and they're lots of fun to read.

Robin Panza               [log in to unmask]
Section of Birds, Carnegie Museum of Natural History