From:
Susan Wageman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 13:05:50 -0700
         T h e  T e c h  M u s e u m  o f  I n n o v a t i o n
                         San Jose, California
                C A R E E R   O P P O R T U N I T I E S

DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
The Director of Corporate Support needs an administrative assistant to
help secure and increase contributions from corporations.
Responsibilities include tracking and processing all corporate donors and
prospects by producing reports, correspondence and proposals to and
increase support from corporations.  Requirements:  2-3 years of related
work experience; strong IBM-compatible software experience; must have
experience with DOS, Windows, WordPerfect and database programs;
familiarity with Macintosh software helpful; ability to work with highly
confidential information in a fast paced environment; willingness to work
one weekend day a month an availability for special events.  We are
seeking an analytical individual with strong attention to details and
preferably from the Bay area for this position.

A P P L I C A T I O N    P R O C E D U R E S
Send resume and cover letter indicating interest to The Tech Museum of
Innovation at 145 W. San Carlos Street, San Jose, CA  95113, Attn:
Personnel.  Resume and cover letter may be faxed to (408) 279-7149.
The Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  No phone enquiries, PLEASE.

The Tech offers competitive salary commensurating with experience.  All
above positions are exempt.  The Tech also provide excellent benefits
including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; paid health, dental,
life and long-term-disability insurance and the option to participate in
our 403(b) plan.

B A C K G R O U N D
===================
The Tech Museum of Innovation is an interactive museum that brings
Silicon Valley ingenuity to life with imaginative exhibits, labs and
special programs.  We are established to engage people of all ages and
backgrounds in exploring and experiencing technologies affecting their
lives and to inspire our youth to become innovators in the technologies
of the future.  We currently exist in the prototype (17,000 sq. ft.) of the
expanded, permanent museum (140,000 sq. ft. facility) that is scheduled
to open in 1998.  Please visit our Web site at http://www.thetech.org for
more information.

Updated On:  August 7, 1995