Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 16:56:33 EDT
I'm almost afraid to ask this question, but if you have some good advice
send it to me.  I assure you this is a serious question.

The manuscripts librarian at OHS is helping a local church organize its
archives.  Amongst its papers are three hardboiled turkey eggs.  The eggs
have been dyed with log wood dye and then etched with religious scenes.
Your basic Easter egg.  The question is of course how to preserve them.
They are 60 years old and a prized possession.  Currently being kept in a
box in the chapel office.  The shells aren't broken so they don't smell
or anything.

She's meeting with them again on August 5, so any help you can give would
be appreciated.

PS Thanks for the Denny's leads, and the data entry ideas.  I do enjoy
being on this list.

Marsha Matthews

Director/Museum Collections

Oregon Historical Society    Internet: [log in to unmask]

1200 SW Park Avenue             Voice: 503-306-5274

Portland, OR  97205               Fax: 503-221-2035