From:
Lise Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 09:55:31 EST
I was reading over the reviews of software and wanting to add a note on
Paradox.  I had written some info on Paradox to the list a few months ago
but at that time didn't know how to do fuzzy searches in Paradox.  It was just
a matter of finding the right place in help.  To do a fuzzy search (a search
where you don't know the entire entry, i.e., MacDon* for MacDonald).  And
the "*" is the character that makes it fuzzy.  You have to be in the field
you want to search (whereas FoxPro will search all the fields).  I enjoyed
working in Paradox and found it very versatile.  Thanks for the list of
reviews!

Lise Hedin
Detroit Inst. of Arts
Documentation Intern