From:
Lisa Mervyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 22:11:56 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, S.L.
Polsky>[log in to unmask]< wrote:

> I am researching the state of quilting in Canada, and am planning to
drive across Canada on the quilt quest.

> Do you know of any any museums  that have quilts in their collection?
And any quilt shows that are held regularly -- or at least between now and
labor Day?

If you go through Winnipeg, you might like to stop at the Explore Manitoba
Travel Idea Centre at the Forks.  It is a new visitor centre with exhibits
highlighting both famous and little-known aspects of the province of
Manitoba.  The exhibits are organized around the metaphor of a quilt, and
there is a beautiful handmade quilt on display made by Pat Borecky.  I can
email her phone number if you wish.  Otherwise, Travel Manitoba may be
able to put you in touch with quilting organizations.  Try 1 800 665-0040
ext.36. OR 204 945-3777.

Winnipeg has a vibrant quilting community.  In fact, the whole province
does.  Even the premier's wife is a quilt enthusiast, or so I'm told.

In addition to seeing the quilt you might be intrigued enough by the
exhibits to explore other parts of Manitoba.  The people are friendly and
there truly is a lot to do and see.

If you do make it to the Travel Idea Centre, I would be very interested in
your critique, since our firm did the research, exhibit planning and
design.  Feedback is always important!!

Have fun on your trip!
Cheers,
Lisa Mervyn

--
Aldrich/Pears Associates
Research, planning and design for exhibit facilities and media