Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Robert O. Dahl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 19:00:35 GMT
"Zahava D. Doering" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>         Institutional Studies
>There is no evidence that putting images on the WWW has any impact
>on attendance.

Nor, as far as I know is there evidence to the contrary.

>Not surprising, as the users of WWW are museum-goers
>who probably know of the museum/exhibit/program from other sources
>as well.

This is taking a lot for granted - How do you know this?

>The notion that the WWW would increase attendance is very
>far-fetched.  I see many benefits of the WWW in the museum context,
>but audience expansion is definitely not one of them.

Far fetched? How so? Do you have any evidence to back up these
statements? I think the use of the web out here in Arizona
and other parts of the west where people live in isolation
might do quite a bit to increase visitation.

Robert O. Dahl
8421 Via Tioga
Tucson, AZ 85704
"http://www.indirect.com/user/ottar"