Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mandy Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 12:56:09 MST
I am the director of Museums and Galleries for Southern Utah
University.  I basically also have a one person operation until last
year when I hired an assistant, even though the university has her
titled as a secretary.  We also employ 3 or 4 students who are
invaluable.  We are under the direction of the Associate Provost, in
order to serve the entire campus rather than just the art or science
departments.

We average 18 art exhibitions a year that include the annual faculty
exhibit, student exhibit, student portfolio exhibits, the Cedar City
Art Committee's annual juried exhibition and the southern Utah
Artists Invitational.  We are geographically isolated (4 hours from
Salt Lake City and 3 hours from Las Vegas) so we try to bring in a
variety of traveling exhbits of note and exhibit local and regional
artists.  I am responsible for the installation, gallery guides, tours,
lectures, ......

The Natural History Museum has fixed exhibits.  Currently we are
reinstalling the archaeology exhibits which is being done by myself,
a student and several  committee members made up of faculty.

I am responsible for all phases of activity.  I write the PR but the
university handles the distribution.  I do receive help from the
development office, but it has to be from my drafts and sources.  One
half of our budget is from the university, the other half is raised
through memberships, grants, corporate sponsorships and special
events.

Recently we were awarded a grant which allowed us to purchase the
computer/scanners/printer/software that has allowed us to put WWW
pages on-line.  Check them out:
http://www.suu.edu/Museums_Galleries
I wrote the html and the students did most of the research and
scanning of slides and photographs.

I hope I haven't bored anyone too badly with my introduction.
Mandy Brooks
Director of Museums and Galleries
Southern Utah University
351 West Center Street