Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bill Bodine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 1995 16:22:15 -0400
At the Seattle AAM ('92 or '93) there was a session devoted to the public
image of museums as portrayed in literature.  Aaron Elkins (a Seattle
resident) was on the panel.  A nearly complete listing of fiction/mysteries
which contained references to museums was made available at the session.  I
have a copy somewhere, but it might take some digging.  I'm sure that the
annual meeting folks at AAM have a copy.

>Oy! Anita's thoughts are rather muddled at the moment (it is 115 degrees
>here). Mary's suggestions are a good idea. I have found one other book, DEEDS
>OF THE DISTURBER by Elizabeth Peters, about a murder mystery in the British
>Museum. Also, Aaron Elkins has written a few novels about a museum curator.
>
>I will be spending my reference desk time (from 3-5pm) working on this very
>question, so I may get back to you by Monday with some suggestions.
>
>Also, have you looked at my bibliography, Archaeology in Fiction? It is on the
>ARCH-L filelist. Send a message to [log in to unmask] with the command
>GET ARCH-L FICTION BIB. That should retrieve the file.
>
>Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
>Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
>PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
>[log in to unmask]  Owner: HISTARCH, SPANBORD, SUB-ARCH

William B. Bodine, Jr.
Deputy Director and Chief Curator
Columbia Museum of Art
1112 Bull St.